Beaux R'eves

Monday, December 23, 2013

More Christmas Decorating!

I thought I would share some pictures 
that I snapped of the Living Room before 
our Company Christmas party began.  
We decided to hold the party at our home this year 
in order to save money for the company.  
I liked the idea for two reasons; 
one~ it would get me motivated to get the house ready for 
Christmas, and two~ I thought it would be cozier than 
having the party at a restaurant or another venue.  
I did a big tree this year instead of the tabletop tree 
that I had last year.  
The color scheme this year is gold, white 
and a touch of aqua blue.  
Even though my tree has over 750 lights on it I added 6 
more strands so that it really shines at night!
The mantle this year is also very simple.  
Just layers and layers of greenery 
with a few sparkly touches added.  

Do you remember my mantle from last year?  
My Decor Steals Angel Wings!  
I love them but they didn't make it out this year.  
I reused the mantle piece that Mr. Beaux made for me last 
year to extend the depth of the mantle.  
 I layered garland that I already had along with new wispy 
garland that I bought at Nell Hill's 
I hung a pre-lit wreath in the center of the fireplace 
and tucked in a few birds and pinecones.
I love the movement of the pine branches from Nell Hills.  
Sparkly icicle garland and snowflakes 
make the mantle very wintery.
To add to my wintery Living Room, I reused my Dollar Store glitter house under a cloche.  
You can see the original post Here.  
Next to the fireplace I set this urn with greens 
and glittery ribbon and a silver gazing ball 
in the middle.  
The beautiful thing about decorations like this 
is that I can keep them out through January.
On the other side of the room the Wine Cabinet 
is set with a Wintery scene as well.  
Fresh flowers for the party sit inside a 
silver champagne holder.
Some of the elements from last years mantle now grace the top of the Wine Cabinet.  
For our Company Charity this year I organized 
to "Adopt-A-Family" 
through a great organization 
Operation Breakthrough.  
They help families in need in Kansas City all year long.  
The office had fun buying gifts for our "adopted" family 
and brought them to the Christmas Party.  

Giving back is what Christmas is all about.  
I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing with,

9 click here to Comment:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Your mantel is beautiful and I love that wine cabinet! Very pretty!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

It all looks so beautiful and yes, you can keep most of it out all winter too!!! Wishing you a very merry and blessed Christmas!

Pat said...

Cindy,
Elegantly decorated, dear one!
I adore all the Nell Hill accessories!!!
I shop her store every chance I get, but live nearly 3 + hours away!!!
Precious that your company chose to "Adopt A Family" for Christmas!!!
Thank you for sharing your festive decorations for the celebration!!!
Merry Christmas!
Fondly,
Pat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your living room is gorgeous and all of your decor is so beautiful. I love the urn with the gazing ball, so fun. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The living room is magnificent..every detail of the room is just gorgeous…Merry Christmas!

O'Irish said...

So glad to get a post from you... it's been over a year... don't know why I don't receive them anymore... so was surprised, and very glad! Beautiful, as always! Merry Christmas! Leslee in TN

This N That said...

Your home is beautiful Cindy..Very festive..The tree and mantel are gorgeous..You always do it up right .Elegant, for sure...Enjoy the Holidays. I wish you all the best in 2014

Alycia Nichols said...

Operation Breakthrough really is a great organization, and I'm excited to see the support for those good folks who are making a difference in so many young lives!

You REALLY did it up nicely for Christmas and the party!!! That tree is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! I'm a super fan of lots of lights, too. I love the mercury ball in the urn with the greenery & ribbon. You have lots of beautiful little touches all around (LOVE the berry branches on the head of...who is that? Caesar?) that really make the room a living wonder! No worries about the angel wings not making an appearance this year. I'm sure you'll bring them back in a new and exciting way in the years to come!

I hope you and yours enjoyed a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you a fabulous and SAFE New Year!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

What beautiful decorations and such a wonderful charitable cause! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Leena

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".