Beaux R'eves

Monday, December 1, 2014

Decorating for the Holidays When Your Home is For Sale

Here is the Dilemma...  
 Your home is for sale AND 
the holidays are approaching...  
What do you do?  
Do you forget the holidays 
and leave your home minimally staged?  
Do you say "I don't care what people think" 
and go crazy with your decorations 
and go ahead and put the blow up snow globe 
outside on the lawn?  
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Well, here's what I did...  
I did a lot of research and read a lot of articles 
on the subject and found out 
that having your home for sale during the holidays 
is not a terrible thing after all!  
Inventory is lower, 
as it is in my neighborhood 
and the buyers tend to be more of the serious type.  
This was good news!
The advice that I read was to go ahead 
and decorate but to scale it down quite a bit.  
Oh Boy!  
Not so easy for me as I love Christmas 
and I love to decorate!  
But I did my best this weekend 
to keep it simple, cheery and bright.
I decided on a red and white theme 
for the Kitchen and Hearth Room.  
I found these adorable stockings 
at Nebraska Furniture Mart.
I added some berries 
to the mantel and two rosemary trees 
on either side of the fireplace.
Aren't they adorable?  And they smell nice too!
My cute little snow birds are on the table behind the sofa.
The red Pottery Barn pillows 
sit on the bench with the pillows 
that I stenciled last year.
How cute is this reindeer feed sack from Decor Steals?  
I placed some greenery in the top 
and hung it from the plate hook by the French Doors.  
I might have gone a little overboard 
here but I think it is too cute!

I added toile and plaid napkins 
to the table setting and a poinsettia 
wrapped in toile and plaid.
Simple! 

Over by the sink 
my Nordic Santa 
and his reindeer are hanging out. 
See, I used restraint!  It wasn't easy...
I tried to use my very favorite pieces 
and that made it a little easier.
I only changed a few things on the Buffet.  
A little red transferware 
to give it holiday cheer. 
I tucked a little Christmas tree 
into the copper vessel for a natural feel.
Christmas 2014!  
Hoping Restraint leads to a Sale!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
French Country Cottage

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

13 click here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so beautiful and I know when a looker comes by they will fall in love with your pretty home!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I remember doing the same thing about 30 years ago. House for sale, to decorate or not. I decided to go ahead put the tree up, a short time later a phone call came, the house sold and my daughter and I moved a decorated tree into our new home. Best of luck to you. fondly ~lynne~

This N That said...

Your decorating is always so tasteful..Couldn't be anything but a plus!!

Unknown said...

Your home is beautiful and the Christmas decor is lovely. If I was a buyer I would appreciate seeing the home tastefully decorated for the season.

Lulu said...

Your special touches make your house look even more special. I can't imagine a potential buyer not being charmed.

Debra@CommonGround said...

your home is beautiful, the Christmas decor just highlights it perfectly! Hope you get the sale soon!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy you did a beautiful job adding Christmas cheer to your home! I love the way you decorated your mantel and those sacks from Decor Steals are adorable!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Cindy,
Your house looks awesome. So your restraint paid off and can't imagine anyone not loving that beautiful home you have...........my daughter is a new real estate agent and we were
just talking about selling your home around the holidays yesterday, and I was saying I would never want to do that
unless I just had to, cause it is too much pressure for me...........cause like today I will be stripping my home of
all the Fall things, and it will be a mess until I get it packed up and naked untill I get the Christmas stuff up, and what if someone wanted to come see the house while I was in process......eeeeeeeGads! So you are a brave lady in my book..........that is interesting info too about house sales during that time of year, and I can sure see
how that would be true...........cause most people don't have the time to put in unless they are in desperate need
to get a new house.
So praying you get a sale soon. Loved all the red touches............so festive, charming and tasteful as always........love how you decorate.

Blessings for a sale in December and a closing in January so you get to enjoy the season.........lol

Nellie

Jeanette said...

I can't imagine anyone not coming into your home and falling in love with it. It must have been hard to not have decorated in your usual style but, your touches look so beautiful. I hope that this will be a quick sale for you.

Pura Vida said...

they're gonna wanna buy your Christmas decorations too! very cute!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful....simple and elegant...anyone coming to your home would just love it!

JP said...

I can only imagine how hard it was to restrain, but it is absolutely perfect!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, this is so perfect! Wishing you a quick sale!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".