Beaux R'eves

Monday, December 15, 2014

Homemade Gifts~English Toffee

I hope that you all had a good weekend.  
I spent mine with a sick husband.  
We did manage to get a bit of shopping done 
and I started making my English Toffee 
to gift to friends and coworkers.  
It is actually my sister's recipe 
and I am so thankful that she allowed me 
to share it with all of you.  
This post is from a few years ago 
but it is worth reblogging.  
The toffee is so easy to make and really delicious!  
Enjoy!  
Tomorrow I will be showing you 
some fun homemade treat packages 
using things I found at the Dollar Store.
I don't usually share recipes on my blog 
so bear with me 
and I hope I get all the information correct!  
 In my opinion the reason this English Toffee is soooooo 
delicious is the Dark Corn Syrup.  
I have tried other recipes and they don't even come close!

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli for this recipe)
I use semi-sweet  AND milk chocolate
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper 
Melt butter in a 2qt. sauce pan 
and add sugar and corn syrup.  
Cook over a low heat stirring occasionally, 
but keep a close eye on it, 
stirring is very important.  
It will take about 25-30 minutes to cook.
Using a candy thermometer is key!  
It will look like this when it is almost ready.  
Keep stirring until it reaches 
300 degrees or a Hard Crack 
(we call it the crack cocaine stage because 
everyone is standing around waiting 
for it to get done like addicts)
Quickly pour it onto the parchment paper 
and spread with a wooden spoon.  
It will look blobby and uneven.  
Sprinkle the chocolate chips onto the toffee.  
Wait 4-5 minutes and spread it around 
with a rubber spatula.  
Sprinkle the nuts onto the melted chocolate.
 I like to push them in a little 
to make sure they are set in there.
Wait until it is firmly set, 
about two hours, 
and break apart into smallish chunks.  
This is far and away 
the best gift to give to friends, family and co-workers.  
I have already made at least 6 batches and given it away to 
people in Mr. Beaux's office and some friends. 

The reviews have been Stellar!  

Thank you Candi for letting me share this recipe!  
And Thank You Miss Beaux for being my loyal assistant and taking pictures! 


Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy



Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
French Country Cottage
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

6 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love toffee and should make this. I need to buy a candy thermometer.

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- My SIL loves toffee. I am going to make some of this for him. It looks wonderful. It is amazing how different light and dark Karo syrup tastes in recipes. I will get the dark on your say-so. xo Diana

This N That said...

Yum..Thanks for sharing

Cynthia said...

Love English toffee. One of my favorites

Cindy

Pura Vida said...

I love home made gifts..I would be excited to get this! Thanks for the recipe

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

Yum ... I need to make this :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".