Beaux R'eves

Monday, December 8, 2014

Why I shop at Consignment Stores and Estate Sales...

My BFF and I hit the stores on Saturday 
looking for furniture and odds and ends for her MIL.  
And when I say stores 
I'm not talking about the mall 
or those big box stores, 
I'm talking about hitting up our favorite 
consignment stores and then haunting 
a few Estate Sales on the side. 
Look at this great rooster pillow 
that I found at my very favorite consignment store!  
I just couldn't pass it up.
I love the vibrant red velvet backing.  
It's a perfect color for the holidays!
 And look at the adorable bows on each side.  
You would never see this at a mass market store.  
Well, maybe you would 
but you would be paying a lot more than what I paid!  
I also bought this Waverly pillow for about $20.00.  
I actually have both of these fabrics 
but I haven't had a minute to sew any pillows.  
I guess it was a little bit of 
instant gratification!  
We didn't find the furniture we were looking for 
but that is part of the fun!  
We enjoy the process of the hunt 
as much as we enjoy the kill of a good bargain!  

I also like that fact that I am buying 
vintage goods instead of
mass produced items.  

Maybe I am shrinking my
carbon footprint just
a little bit...
Here's another good tip... 
Like your favorite consignment stores 
and your favorite Estate Sale vendors 
on Facebook to get the scoop a lot earlier 
than the general public!  
My consignment store posts pictures 
of new furniture and fun items 
as they get them in... 

Does your area have Estate Sales 
and Quality Consignment Stores? 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

BTW, look who's getting big!  This is his favorite toy.  He is such a sweetie!  Our first vet appointment is tomorrow...


Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

12 click here to Comment:

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Great finds and a cute puppy.

Madonna

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, you always come away with the best treasures! Those pillows are gorgeous!

Mari said...

Aww such a sweet puppy ;-)
Love your new beautiful pillows.....

Smiles~
Mari

Positively Southern said...

Great finds at your consignment stores!!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Love the pillows and the puppy!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous pillows. I always shop at consignment and vintage stores. What a darling little dog!

This N That said...

The pup is getting bigger for sure..Such a cutie...Where I grew up there were loads of consignment shops and Estate sales..Unfortunately, in this area, it's yard sales..Yuk!! I really miss the good stuff..Your pillows are gorgeous...

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

I absolutely love that Rooster pillow.
Patty@thatssopretty.

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Cindy!!!

I won't buy new anymore. I find more new items with price tags still on them at thrift stores and consignment stores. I paid $6.00 for a cute purse at one store and when I was at home I checked the side pocket and found the original receipt in it. The purse came from a line that only sold at house parties like the way Tupperware is sold. I couldn't believe that the receipt said $98.00!!! What a find!!! It was brand new!!!

The whole thrill is the treasure hunt for what you might find. Your pillows are beautiful!!!

Enjoy the rest of the week!!!

Pam

Pura Vida said...

I love these kinds of treasures too...my home is filled with them!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG what a cutie!!! LOVE that rooster pillow!!

Karen said...

Those pillows are beautiful and your puppy has melted my heart! what a cutie pie.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".